Thursday, January 2, 2020

In memories of Mak Long

2 January 2020

The start of 2020, the first day of school. 

I received a message early in the morning saying Mak Long passed away. Mak Long Gemencheh is Abah's eldest sister. 

GB allowed me to leave school at 10. By 12 p.m, I arrived in Gemencheh. 

I wasn't really close to Mak Long personally. Her children and I have a very huge age gap. As I get older I get closer to them especially after Abah passed away. I became my family's representative for all family events. 

As much as I hated this kind of news, it's inevitable. We have to brace ourselves. Yet this is really hard for me. 

As I kissed her for the last time, my heart whispered, 'See you again, Mak Long' 

I will miss her. Miss us together. 








Tonight, as I listened to Mundzir's recitation, he sounded like Abah. 

I thought I was being emotional. Turns out they felt it too. 

This longing, sometimes hurts. 🙂

Al-fatihah. Rest in peace Mak Long. 



This post is not exactly written on this date but with excerpts and notes written on the particular date of this event. 

No comments: