Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Abah's Quirks

This morning, I was putting my things into my bag when a memory suddenly flashed by my mind.

"Abah nok beli beg laptop se. Beg Mickey Mouse," and he looked at me teasingly.

I bought a bag with Mickey Mouse prints on it. My mom disapproved me buying and using bag with cartoon prints and I couldn't understand why. So we had an argument. It went on for several weeks. 🤣🤣🤣

Abah didn't exactly stop mom scolding me (they don't interfere each other when someone is doing the scolding) and he didn't scold me either for using that bag. If it was something outrageous, Abah would have just use his eyes and I would have thrown that bag.

I don't know, today I just sort of remember his teasing smile. He liked to make up stories. At first it sounded real until you question the details. 

When he lied, his eyes would sort of twitch, his nose would expand just a little bit, and the corner of his lips would sort of twitch. It's a very subtle change. You won't even notice it if you don't look at his face carefully. 🤣

His favourite story is the story of a big bird, catching a kid and bringing him away, separating him from his family. How the kid cried because he couldn't see his mom.

Or... how to fry a whale. We'd discuss at length on how big the wok should be, how many oil should we use. He never answered me though when I asked 'Why can't we just cut up the fish? Then we can just fry it inside the normal wok that we have' 🤣

Or... how we should sell a helicopter to be rich. He never answered my question 'Where can we get a helicopter that we can sell?' 🤣

I'll stop now because it made feel a bit sad. Haha. 

Nowadays Dudin picked up his skill. 😌 Creating stories out of nowhere. 🤣 With a totally straight face too. 😌

I miss him. I miss us. 


This post is not exactly written on this date but with excerpts and notes written on the particular date of this event. 

No comments: